Sunday, December 20, 2009

Getting Ready

Today has been spent getting ready for the trip north. Yesterday we had our early Christmas and opened presents. Last night I spent some time writing thank you letters. Probably the first time in my life I've written my Christmas thank-yous before Christmas!

The weather outside is gloomy, but it's cozy inside and nice to have almost all things ready to go. Bill ironed his shirts, so I wouldn't have to, and now he's getting the Prius ready to load. We won't leave at the crack of dawn, but it will probably be pretty close!

I'm taking a candle (gift) and a two little snowmen (also gifts) to brighten our room at the Admiral Inn. We're also taking a lot of cookies (sugar free) and candy (not sugar free) and nuts. I've packed a good frying pan and spatula. The amenities for cooking are sparse. We'll take breakfast fixings, some cocoa and of course lots of books. Bill will have his camera and I'll have my iPod! We haven't decided if we will take the laptop. I think we can stand to be out of touch for ten days. We will have our cell phones, so won't be completely out of touch.

So - it's off to Victoria and a Canadian Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment