Monday, March 22, 2010

What Can I Say?

I am so discouraged by the terrible things that are said by people on Twitter, Facebook and various talk shows. I don't understand where courtesy disappeared, or why. Why is there so much anger? Does anyone really think we should "wipe the bastards out" who voted for health care reform? Is this the way to run a country, by stirring up anger and viciousness. People are being spit on. Posters are made that show nothing of the owner's character except ignorance. Why do we allow all of this? Well - we do have something known as "free speech" and I suppose as long as that exists we will have the Hannitys and Limbaughs spewing their hatred. I worry that the young people of this country will begin to think that this is the only way to project your opinion. Too sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment