Wednesday, June 1, 2011

LOVELY JUNE – AT LAST


I think our weather may finally be improving. We seem to have some sunshine between rain showers, and that makes the rain less depressing. It has been a very wet spring, and now the snow in the mountains is melting and all the rivers are running high.

Our rhododendrons are in full bloom. The white ones have finished, but the reds and pinks are beautiful, and we have one small lavender that has two blooms. Some of the hydrangeas have beginning buds, so they may bloom eventually.

We planted some annuals in pots, and they look quite sad. Not enough sun to bloom, although there are lots of buds. Maybe by July!

I am reading a “thriller” and find I have to put it down after each chapter and take a break. It is very tense. Think of “The Turn of the Screw” and you will get some idea of what awaits you, if you read this book. I won’t give anything more away about it until I’m ready to write my review at the end of the month. A very, very good and frightening book!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure I could take the child in danger theme. :<) Interesting that you read two books about sisters. Do you have a sister(s)??

    ReplyDelete