Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunshine

Bill's sale at the Eden Hall Craft Show went quite well. He had some fairly big sales, as well as $1 and $2 sales. He had a helper both days - one of the young girls from the Kid Zone, so she was able to tell customers what the Kid Zone was all about and give Bill a lot of conversation!

The League table also did very well for the three hours we were there. We gave out about eight registration cards. Most of them were for change of address for voting in the next election, but a few were to change affiliation - to Independent. Doesn't bode well for the Obama administration.

We were fortunate to have sunny days for both sale days. Even today is sunny, and according to the weekly weather report, we will have sun and clouds all week, so maybe we are finished with rain for a while.

Bill is busily working on his latest project - his memoirs. He's been at it for several years in a rather sporadic fashion, but now is engrossed, so will get far this winter. I think the Kid Zone project will gradually close down. It's a lot of effort for not much reward.

We've sent off the packages for Christmas, so my next project is Christmas cards. I could send an e-card to everyone, but I still enjoy getting cards in return! As a child I frequently sent off for things advertised "free" in magazines just so I would get mail. "Mail Call" has always been an important part of the day for me, and I really regret that most people don't write letters anymore. Maybe if I start writing instead of sending emails, I can start a new trend!

No comments:

Post a Comment