Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blogging and Books

I'm finding it difficult to write reviews of the books I'm reading. I've read four books recently, and don't really have too much to say about any of them. So I think I'll just write a sentence or two, and leave the real reviewing to Les! 


Sing You Home - Jodi Picoult - Lesley has written an excellent review of this book so I won't even attempt one! As usual Picoult has written an engrossing story, and I found the book to be as good as most of her others, with interesting topics. A Plus read.


Burnt Mountain - Anne Rivers Siddons - This is not one of my favorites of hers. It was a quick read, and entertaining, but not something that will stay with me for very long.


The American Heiress - Daisy Goodwin - Something of a fluff book, but it kept my interest enough that I finished it! Tale of a very rich American woman who goes to England to "catch a Duke." Modeled after Consuelo Vanderbilt's era of titled husband-hunting in Europe.


Breaking Silence - Linda Castillo - Mystery in Amish country in Ohio. The Chief of Police in the community is an excommunicated Amish woman. This is part of a series, and I got into it after the first two books, so there were some spoilers. I liked this book, and will look for more of hers.


So my blogging will now be shorter, and even more infrequent than it has been! I hope to be able to add pictures from some of our trips some day, and do a Wordless Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's just because they had built up. I know that sometimes when it has been weeks since I read a book it is hard to write about it. I'm going to try and write soon after I finish so I don't feel backed up. Hard in the summertime though. Ask Les to tell you what I wrote her about Jodi P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I read four books while we were on our trip to Alaska - all on my new NOOK. What a pleasure to have reading material without carting a lot of books along!

    ReplyDelete