Monday, September 5, 2011

Tripping with NOOK

We have returned from our wonderful trip to the Yukon and Alaska, and I'll try to post some pictures later, if I can figure out how to do it!

I managed to read quite a few books on my new NOOK while we were on planes, waiting at airports or for stragglers on our motor coaches.

The first: Nemesis by Jo Nesbo - Norway mystery featuring the Police Detective Harry Hole. Very good - and kept me reading too late one night.

The second: Shoot to Thrill - P.J. Tracy - Another Monkeewrench mystery concerning Web murders and FBI Agent John Smith. Also very good.

The third: Every Last One - Anna Quindlen - Oh my. Lesley said I shouldn't read it, and I understand why, but it was such a well-written story. No spoilers.

The fourth: White Nights - Ann Cleeves - Another Shetland mystery with Jimmy Perez set during the long days on summer in the north - with very little darkness.

These were all so good I'm glad I saved them for the trip. I have two more on my NOOK for our trip to Nebraska, and may download another. But I can take books in the car with us, so don't have to rely on the NOOK too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment